From front-line treatment to critical policy issues, Pediatric Patient Safety and Quality Improvement provides all the knowledge and insight you need to ensure your pediatric patients are treated safely and effectively.
This unique guide addresses the specific challenges of medical professionals treating young patients. Packed with the newest research findings and best practices from top figures in the patient safety community, Pediatric Patient Safety and Quality Improvement will ensure that you provide optimum child care free of the oversights and errors for better patient outcomes.
Pediatric Patient Safety and Quality Improvement offers the scientific information and current perspectives you need to:
1. Overview of pediatric patient safety and quality improvement
2. Medical errors, adverse events and human factors
3. Medication safety in the hospital, office and home setting
4. Leadership and the role of the pediatrician in patient safety
5. Teamwork and communication, in the office and across the continuum (including transition from hospital to ambulatory care)
6. Improvement Methods and Approaches: A Comparison
7. Using IT to facilitate patient safety and QI
8. Engaging patients and families in patient safety