The gold-standard text on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the elderly - completely updated with a new full-color presentation
The definitive treatise on the subject of geriatrics, this comprehensive text combines gerontology principles with clinical geriatrics, offering a uniquely holistic approach to this ever-expanding area of medicine. Written by some of the world's most respected geriatricians, Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition presents up-to-date, evidence-based information in a rich full-color design. Unmatched as a textbook, this classic is also valuable to fellows in geriatric medicine.
Hazzards's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition is logically divided into five parts: Principles of Gerontology, Principles of Geriatrics, Geriatric Syndromes, Principles of Palliative Medicine, and Organ Systems and Diseases. Within its pages, you will find balanced, authoritative coverage of every essential topic - from evaluation and management to nutrition and palliative medicine.
Here's why the Seventh Edition is the best edition ever:
· NEW full-color design with hundreds of color photographs
· NEW chapters: Quality of Care in Older Adults, Common Non-Pain Symptoms in Older Adults, Strategies of Effective Communication Around Advanced Illness, and Palliative Medicine in the Continuum of Care Including Hospice
· NEW Learning Objectives and Key Points added to each chapter highlight must-know information
· Increased number of tables, drawings, and clinical algorithms makes finding answers faster and easier than ever before
· Evidence-based through the use of the latest clinical practice guidelines , references to systemic reviews, and critically appraised topics
· Updated to reflect the most current clinical breakthroughs and advances for managing older adults in various settings
contents to come